Thursday, April 2, 2009

One good thing in a sea of bad

Despite nearly universally bad things happening to me over the past 3 weeks, I did receive one very good piece of information today! For the past many semesters, I think it was everyone's impression that even if you passed the first comp exam, you still have to take the second for practice. Turns out, I was wrong. If you passed the first comp exam, you have the option to take the second as practice, but it is not mandatory. You can optionally take up to two exams (out of three offered), but you must only pass once, and you only have to take it once if you pass the first time. I have had this confirmed twice by Dr. Yoshida. First, I read an e-mail that she wrote to a friend confirming it, and then I went to her office to talk to her myself just to make sure I was reading it correctly.

So...if you are not yet clear: You must pass the comp exam ONCE before leaving the island, out of the three times it is offered. If you pass the first time, you may take it for a second time as practice. But, once you pass it, you do not have to take it again! It would probably be good practice, but after the amount of studying I have missed out on, I think my time would be better served reviewing Kaplan or First Aid than taking a 300 question exam, which I have had little time to study for since the first time I took it!

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

That stapling/cutting device is pretty much the coolest thing I've seen in a while... I don't mind holding the camera, either, as long as I get a front seat to the action :) Glad you are feeling better. Almost done!!