Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wine and Cheese

Last night was the Phi Chi Wine and Cheese event. It occurs once every semester, and is always a huge hit. Over 200 tickets were sold for last night. You get a wine glass when you enter the party, and then go around to various wine stations, each with a couple wines from a different area of the world and food paired to go with it. I liked most of the wines that I tried, particularly one white wine from New Zealand, which I had two glasses of. That doesn't sound like a lot, but two glasses of wine is a lot for me, especially on top of all the others I tried. Some people, like my roommate, clearly drank WAAAY more than me!

For food, there was spinach and artichoke dip, some kind of really good chicken on a stick, steak with a cheese sauces, and a couple other little things, all catered by Halsey's, which is a pretty nice restaurant on the island.

I took nearly 300 pictures last night, but they're going to take a long time to get uploaded on Flickr. My internet is never very fast, but flickr always uploads very slowly. Probably because I'm uploading almost 2 gigs of pictures. Even trying to upload them to my blog is taking forever, so here's a few that are gonna have to hold you over for now. View the rest at http://flickr.com/photos/slevit1/, as they upload.
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0023IMG_0025

4 comments:

Vince said...

The sax picture is my favorite!

What sort of hardware are you slinging there?

Scott said...

Glad you like it! That's my favorite of the three as well. It was shot with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. I think the lens is just as important as the body though, and that was using a Canon f/1.4 50mm prime. Others were taken with a Canon 17-85mm IS lens. Touch up in Adobe Lightroom.

Vince said...

Touch up???

Say it ain't so!

Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa or Easter Bunny!

;-)

Scott said...

actually the sax picture had no post processing. The picture with the bread and wine was just cropped and slight contrast boost. I added the vignette and a little color tweak to the picture with 3 tables (properly exposing all parts of a picture like that is damn near impossible).