Friday, June 27, 2008

Exciting weekend ahead

It will be comprised almost entirely of studying...can't wait!!! I'm going home next weekend for the 4th of July, but that weekend also happens to be the weekend before block week. So, since I won't get much studying done that weekend, aside from the plane rides, I have to be 100% caught up (and maybe slightly ahead) by Thursday. I'm not really behind, but I haven't looked over much of the old stuff lately either, so I have a lot to do. Also, after getting shafted in physio due to some less than honest classmates, I need to make sure that I pull off another good grade to keep my grade right where it is. Also, I need to try to make up for my B in path, which I really was not expecting.

Amazon.com_ Philips VOIP841 PC-Free DECT 6.0 Wireless IP Phone_ Electronics.jpgUnrelated, I recently bought the Philips VOIP841 Skype phone, and it's amazing!! It allows me to use skype without being attached to my computer, has about the same call quality as a cell phone, and is just much more comfortable to use when you're on the phone for a while. It has a base station which plugs into your router, and then a cradle/charger for the handset, which you can put anywhere. The setup was much easier than I had expected, consisting of just plugging the thing in, entering my skype username and password, and waiting about 5 seconds while it downloaded all of my contacts and voicemails onto the phone. If you've got Skype, this phone is absolutely worth the money.

OK...time to stop procrastinating...back to micro and the wonderful world of urinary tract infections.

No comments: