Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yay for cadavers!

Today was the first day in anatomy lab with cadavers!! I didn't bother to look at the others, but my group's is in very good shape. Unfortunately, there are only 9 bodies, so there are now 13 people in my group per day, which basically sucks. But, most of them didn't seem to interested in cutting, and if they were, they didn't speak up. So, I got to cut for a good part of the day. The groups yesterday had already pulled back the skin of the thoracic cavity, so today we got rid of a little more skin, and then reflected back the pectoralis major and minor. We wound up getting a very good view of the subclavian artery and vein, which are pretty ginormous! Other groups started cracking the chest, but we'll do that tomorrow. There's only one saw in the room to cut the ribs and it just hasn't made its way to our table yet. So, tomorrow should be more interesting than today.

Other than that, not much happened today. I've got the SGA meeting in about half hour, then i'm heading to the gym, and then it'll be back to studying. We've got some visiting professor for this week in MCB, teaching us about microfilaments and related topics. I haven't decided what I think of him yet, but it doesn't really matter since he's only here this week. Well that's it for now...got about 1/2 hour of studying before SGA.

No comments: