Sunday, October 14, 2007

i'm here

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I've just been busy...as usual. Apparently, more people read this blog than I had though, so I'm going to try to make it more about med school and what's going on in my life than it has been. I still probably won't be able to resist a little commentary here and there on things that really catch my attention, but less of it.

So...an update:
We're currently studying the thoracic cavity in anatomy. We only had 3 classes this week though (week of an exam is never very busy), so we don't have a lot of work...yet. I'd say i'm pretty much caught up in that class. I did not think I was quite caught up with MCB, but the tutoring session helped a lot. Sunil's tutoring is always helpful because he points out the most important stuff, presents all of it again in a different way, and you just get to see all the powerpoints again. It also comes together a little more the second time around. We only had histology twice this week, but we're doing respiratory tissue at the moment. We also had a review with Dr. G. this weekend that cleared a few things up. I always feel like I'm a little behind, but then it all comes together closer to test time. However, the goal this week is to pick up the studying and get ahead.

The first block, I went into the exams a little bit ahead and it was a very nice feeling (particularly when grades came back)! I did well the second block, but I did not feel as prepared and didn't do quite as well. Since we haven't done much in class yet though this block, I definitely have plenty of time to get on top of things. And, that will begin tomorrow! Then, as a reward for all the studying I plan to do this week, I GET TO GO HOME THURSDAY!!!!

We don't have class on friday because it's Antilles day or something. We don't get off for any US holidays except winter break, but we do get off for the SXM holidays. I'd rather have the US holidays off, but something is better than nothing! I cannot wait to get back to civilization! Roads where you can get up over 40 mph, with traffic control devices, lanes, and parking lots, are very much missed. I also miss internet speeds consistently faster than dial up. And Friday afternoon, you will definitely be able to see me in a Chipotle for lunch!!! Man do I ever miss that place. And, most importantly, I can't wait to see my girlfriend and family again! I definitely took a lot of things for granted before I came here and I cannot wait to get back home!!

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

Man - you know I really LOVE you if I'm eating at Chipotle with you on Friday!!! Even if you don't feel like you did quite as well on your last exam, I'm still super proud and happy for you and everything you're accomplishing in medical school. Can't wait to see you! XOXO!

ted said...

I never took my son for granted. But this is the longest I been without seeing him & it is not good. Seven weeks is just to long not to seeing the young man you admire the most. If people only knew the real Scott, they would know why I miss him so much. Some one maybe could have a son as good but, No one could have a son any better.
Scott can not realize how proud I am of him & will not know what it is like to have a son like him until he has one of his own. It's the greatest feeling in the world.
PS. It is a shame people came up with the expression "politically correct", Because, People really need to learn the truth should not hurt. This is a mixed up world and it needs more people like Scott. And that is the Truth!!!