Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My next 3 weeks

Will consist of not much other than studying. After a very strong last 2 blocks, I finally let my confidence get the best of me. While I studied consistently every day when I got here, that was not the case for the last block. I did study a lot towards the end, but it was already too late. My mistake was taking nearly a week off from studying after the last block. I figured that i was doing well, we don't do as much the week after the block, so I could take it easy a little and just catch up later.

Well, if you haven't been in med school yet, please take my word that you cannot catch up on a week of medical school. It's just not going to happen. So, I spent the last two weeks trying to catch up constantly, instead of getting ahead in the new work. End result...I did not do well at all on the last exam. I did still pass everything, which was far from the case for everyone, so not doing well is relative. But, all that matters to me is that I know I could have and should have done a lot better.

At least now, I know that I can't take any breaks like that again. I know what works for me now and what doesn't, so I'll just use this as a learning experience. Now, I just have to study every night again, like I did for the first block, and destroy it again. Honoring is still a possibility, if I can keep up my performance from the first two blocks.

In other news...Leopard (mac's new OS) is now on its way here!! I'm very jealous of the people in the US that already have it, but I am not willing to download an entire operating system from a torrent. It may be the exact same thing, but that's just too big of a risk for me. So, I can't wait for it to arrive. Sometime this week, I'm also finally going to get around to updating my iPhone to the current firmware, now that it can be unlocked as well. And if you were wondering, enabling encryption for my TV show downloads is still working perfectly. Some others have also tried it, with success.

No comments: