Sunday, October 21, 2007

back from the US

I just got back in St. Maarten today from my slightly extended weekend home. It was a great weekend and I am not at all excited to be back in St. Maarten! I got home Thursday night, into Washington Nat'l airport, and it was very good to see my parents and Heather waiting for me!

After I got home, at around 12 midnight, Heather and I went to Taco Bell. I didn't really want it that bad, but I wanted to go just because I could. By the time we drove around to the window from ordering, our food was already ready to go! It was absolutely amazing how efficient workers can be in the US! Taking less than 5 minutes from the time you drive up to the time you drive away in St. Maarten is something that will NEVER happen!

The next day, Heather and my mom and grandparents and I went to the Delly for breakfast and then stopped by the Apple Store so that I could get an airplane adaptor for my laptop. I studied the whole way from St. Maarten to MD, but I had to study from the books since my laptop wasn't going to last that long. Again, it was nice to see fast, efficient service and knowledgeable salespeople, since they also do not exist in SXM. The Annapolis Mall's addition is nearly completed and it is gonna be really nice. I can't wait to see it when I go back for semester break in December. That night, we had an amazing dinner at Ruth's Chris. The steak was perfect, as usual, and after eating their creme brule, I will never eat it again in SXM.

Saturday, I slept until like 12:30 and then went to the firehouse to visit. While I was there, they got a call, so I drove the utility and treated a girl who had a goal post fall on her head. It wasn't too exciting of a call, but at least I got to drive emergency and run a call, which I have not been able to do for nearly 2 months. It was nice to stop by...I'll definitely have to spend a couple days there over winter break. For dinner, a lot of my family and I went to The Melting Pot. It's really Heather and my place, but we decided to be nice and let the family come :). If you have not been there...go there.

Finally, Heather took me to the airport very early this morning to catch my 8am flight to San Juan and then to SXM. I've heard San Juan is worse than Miami International Airport, but I find this very hard to believe, and it was fine for me. Although, they could use some more (a lot more) food choices.

So, now I'm back in SXM, wishing i was home and missing Heather. Back to studying I suppose. I'm just about all caught up now in MCB after studying on the plane rides, but I've still got a little Histology to go over tonight.

No comments: