Monday, October 1, 2007

He said what??!!


I never expected a presidential candidate to reach out and speak so clearly to me as Sen. McCain has just done! He has actually asked me (in so many words), not to vote for him!! Astounding!! If you'd like to see proof of this, look no further than cnn.com:

"I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles, personally, I prefer someone who has a grounding in my faith," the GOP presidential hopeful told the Web site in an interview published Saturday.

McCain also said he agreed with a recent poll that 55 percent of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution establishes a Christian nation. "I would probably have to say yes, that the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation," he said.


I will let slide the the fact that a serious presidential candidate (and our current president) are sorely lacking in critical thinking skills and have abandoned all logic, in their acceptance of a god. Instead, let's talk about his absurd notion that this nation was founded on Christian principles. Senator McCain, you could not be more wrong! While many americans were christians, many more, including most of the Founding Fathers, were deists and held to Freemason tenets more than Christianity! There is absolutely no evidence that the Founding Fathers ever intended to create a christian nation, as many Christians would like you to believe.

Perhaps Senator McCain has never read the US Constitution, which is clearly a secular document, with not a single reference to Jesus, Christianity, or any imaginary god, of any sort. Here is what it does say:
"Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say that does just the opposite of creating a Christian nation!

After naturally pissing off a couple of Jews with his nonsense, he went back to correct himself:
"What I do mean to say is the United States of America was founded on the values of Judeo-Christian values, which were translated by our founding fathers which is basically the rights of human dignity and human rights,"
Again, NO...the US was founded on no such values. If you choose to cherry pick, as all religious moderates do, those things in the bible that suit you at the current time, then perhaps his statement has some merit. However, no mainstream religion today has at its core the rights of human dignity and human rights. Conversely, the bible clearly promotes prostitution, slavery, and murder (among a few other similarly horrible things). I am reasonably certain that none of these things, which the Christian God has advocated, were what the Founding Fathers had in mind!

There is a fairly large field of candidates right now and honestly, I'm not sure who I'll vote for. I would like to thank Senator McCain though for narrowing the field down just a bit! You, sir, are an idiot!

4 comments:

k.hautz said...

just because I think that saying science and reason hold a monopoly on truth is the height of arrogance doesn't make me any less of programmer. I would still vote 100x for McCain over GW or Kerry or Hillary, because i think he's a better candidate.
too be fair i live in a blue state so whoever wins the democratic nomination will end up getting "my" vote regardless of who i vote for so it doesnt matter that much anyway..

Vince said...

Senator POW McStraight talker is oficially crazy ... aboout 10 years ago while he was campaigning in AZ I thought to myself "holy shit it's Baryy Goldwater incarnate" the definition of what a true constitutionalist conservative is...I thought "I like what this man has to say [having filtered through his flag waving rhetoric]...but now he seems a demented old man who is trying so deperately to capture a precious 10 minutes of national coverage it doesn't matter what he says on the media no matter how ridiculos!

A pitty, for sure- but this man is so out of touch he is laughable!

oh If I had a magical crystal ball I would warp "the democratic party's house elf , Dennis Kucinich with wild-man Howard Dean- what a freaky candidate that would be!

I wonder what the imaginary sky-daddy would say to him....???

(DISCLAIMER- I may have been particpating in a clinical trial that was challenging my alcohol dehydrogeenase/ acetelaldehyde dehydrogenase system ..be thankful this post was not in Latin!See Paul Kyser's blog of here for an explanation]

CH3-CH2-OH RULES!

Scott said...

Well I would not vote for GW or Clinton either, but I am also not going to vote for McCain!

However, science and reason definitely do hold a monopoly on truth! The height of arrogance is to stand by beliefs which are totally unfounded, contradictory, and defy any intelligent pursuits. Religion exists solely to fill gaps in knowledge. Throughout history, religions have disappeared as science has discovered the real facts. For nearly every question that religion currently tries to answer, science has already found the true answer. The fact that modern religions have survived this long is both amazing and pathetic.

The great thing about science, and the reason that it will always hold a monopoly on truth, is that it can evolve. As we learn new things, we expand upon our scientific knowledge and our understanding of the world. Those things which are stated as fact (such as evolution), have been discovered through evidence, peer reviewed, scrutinized, and reproduced. Richard Dawkins said it best, "Religion teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." There could not be a truer statement.

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.