Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Safari updated...yay!


If you were not aware (and by what I've posted so far, you probably wouldn't be), I'm a huge mac fanboy. I love just about everything Apple and will never buy PC again. If I see you using a PC, I will probably tell you why you should junk it and buy a mac. That being said, I was happy that Safari released a new version of it's browser the other day. I downloaded it immediately and while there were not many cosmetic changes, there were quite a few changes under the hood apparently which has made everything much nicer for me!

1) This was a big one...everytime I hit the "back" button in a ValueMD forum, it would crash safari. I use ValueMD quite a bit and this was annoying at best. When I had multiple tabs open and accidentally hit the back button, it was infuriating. This has been fixed in Safari 3.0

2) In Digg, another site I go to at least daily, if you clicked on one of the top 10 links, it would freeze for about 15 seconds while it loaded the comments page. It never crashed Safari, but it sure was annoying! Again, this has been fixed.

3) When you scroll down a page, click a link, and then click the back button, browsers typically jump back down to the point you were at on the previous page. Safari did this as well, but very very slowly. It was annoying because right when you scrolled down yourself, Safari would decide to scroll as well and jump to far. Guess what? Fixed!

In general, Safari also just seems to be running faster than it did before. MySpace (a site which I hate) is working much faster than in the past. I liked safari before for lots of reasons, but basically it's simplicity. Thank you, Apple, for finally fixing these few things that made me consider switching browsers.

Oh yeah...it also works on Windows now!! If you haven't yet, buy a mac! But if you don't want to do that for some unknown reason, download Safari! Apparently it's twice as fast as IE7 and about 1.5 times faster than Firefox.

Now, off to another long day at Victoria's Secret. I hate when I'm schedule for more than 5 hours there! It gets long standing at a register all day. Then novelty of being head cashier and having manager privileges on the register loses its novelty quickly!

No comments: