Thursday, June 14, 2007

News from AUC

Finally got an e-mail from AUC today giving official dates for orientation and the start of classes. Registration will be Monday, August 27th, orientation is the 29th, and classes start on the 30th. However, this is in contrast to what I was told earlier, that classes would start on the 28th. I was also told that we'd probably move into the dorms on Saturday, the 25th. I confirmed today, however, that we would not be moving in until Monday.

This is a problem for me because I already got plane tickets to go down on Wednesday, and my grandparents are coming with me. I wanted to have a couple days on the island for a little vacation before school starts, but I don't know if I want to be in a hotel for 5 days...that's a little much. I think I'm going to call the airline sometime soon and see if I can change days without incurring too much of a fee.

On another note, I've been getting in touch with quite a few people lately who are starting in August with me. Actually, I got in touch with one, and through her, found (or decided to find) a bunch of others. If you're going, get in touch with me, say hi! Comment or something. You can also find me on Facebook.

Today, I think I'm going to go see Pirates of the Caribbean before it leaves theatres. I've gotta be at the gym at 5, so I guess if I should get lunch and get going...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me as an anonymous she. This isn't sarcasm, really thanks. I felt the same way about the dates. I mean how could the advisor tell me the academic calender was accurate when it wasn't, and she was off on her estimate of when we would move in. I had to pay 70 big ones to change the arrival date! Oh, well. Anyways, I cannot wait until I get housing forms.

Anonymous said...

I guess it was kinda my fault for jumping the gun. I should have waited longer to buy the plane tickets. But when you get a good deal, you just don't want to pass it up.

p.s. i am meeting a whole slew of people on facebook. it is good to see faces and pics of people from AUC! click on your education info. link of AUC to meet some more people.