Sunday, June 17, 2007

Locked out!

I locked myself out of my apartment last night! I knew as soon as I shut the door behind me that I had done it, but I was staying the night somewhere else, so I wasn't worried at the time. However, I remembered when I got home this morning and couldn't get inside that I had done something wrong.

Up until this point, I have been happy with the community where I'm living (Granite Run). However, I called their emergency line today just to hear the message that says if you're locked out, call a locksmith. Basically, not their problem, they don't care. So, $129 later, I'm in my apartment.

All that money, you'd think I would get a locksmith that could pick a lock. But no, he tried that, unsuccessfully. So, instead, he basically forced the door open with a screwdriver. Needless to say, it left a mark. If this was somewhere I'd be living for more than the next month, I'd be pretty pissed off. I could have forced it open if I wanted to!

3 comments:

k.hautz said...

why didnt you call your roomate for free?

Rehan said...

That blows!

Scott said...

yes, it does indeed