Tuesday, November 3, 2009

to unlock or not to unlock

So they came out with a ridiculously simple unlock for the newest version of the iPhone software today. If they had come out with it 3 weeks ago, I would have unlocked my phone immediately. But, I've been dealing with not having the iPhone now for the last 3 weeks, and I have less than 3 more to go. So, I'm debating on whether or not I should unlock it and get a new SIM card. It really wouldn't cost much of anything, since I need more minutes anyway, but I'm thinking it's probably not worth the effort, to use for only 2 weeks or so. And, since there is NO cell reception in Queens hospital, where I'd usually want to use it, I wouldn't get that much use out of it. I think I'm just going to wait until I get back home, to remember how wonderful the iPhone really is. Damn you, hackers, for not doing this 3 weeks ago!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Personally, I think you should go for it. I depend on mine being unlocked so I can use it with T-Mobile but even if that weren't the case, there's so much more you can do with it being jailbroken and they way it's set up now, jailbreaking and unlocking is pretty much the same process.

Will you be back in the states in two weeks?