Monday, November 2, 2009

Great News!

I talked to my consultant physician today (attending) about my desire to stay at Queens hospital for the rest of my rotation. I kinda figured he'd let me stay, but it's nice to have it confirmed. So, I am officially done with King Georges and at Queens for the next 3 weeks! This means that I'll get to spend a week in the NICU (which they don't have at KGH) and also get to spend time in the peds dept. without any other students. The consultant does his lectures in 4 week blocks. Since this is my 4th week, by the time they switch back to KGH, I'll have been to all the lectures. Since the rest of the AUC students started later (one just started today), they'll have to go back to King Georges with the other students. So, I'll be the only student left at Queens, which will allow me to do pretty much anything I want in the peds department. Definitely a positive development!

No comments: