Saturday, October 31, 2009

what a boring saturday

Today, I spent a large portion of the day completely deleting and then rebuilding my iPhoto library. For a while, iPhoto has not been working well for me, but it's probably my fault. Before I got a new hard drive in my old computer, I went back and forth debating whether I'd keep my pics on my computer HD or on an external HD. Since I kept changing my mind, pictures were randomly stored in both places, or one or the other. I moved things around a lot and also did some digging through the iPhoto library file (which you're not supposed to do). Somewhere along the way, things got very screwed up, to the point that I could no longer import photos from Lightroom. So, instead of fooling around with the library any longer, a job which had already wasted too much of my time, I just deleted the whole thing and started over. Fortunately, since I never really decided where to put things, I had copies of everything stored in a separate file. And, now that my computer has a much larger HD, I had it all stored on my computer.

Long story short...my iPhoto is working perfectly again and everything is where it should be. I still have to import some more pictures to iPhoto, but I'll get to that later. In short time, all of the pics will be properly organized in iPhoto (like iTunes, it automagically organizes everything for you, and you never have to see how it does it), and deleted from the random places that they were before.

After screwing around with iPhoto for way too long, I've gotten some decent peds studying in, both from First Aid and Blueprints. I think I'm going to go find some food, since I've hardly eaten today, and then come back to study some more. For the first time since I've been here, I've taken my Ritalin. I really need to start taking that stuff every day, because it sure does make me productive!

No comments: