Sunday, October 11, 2009

no iphone!! :(

I have figured out three things so far, since I've been in London.

1. A "subway" in London is not the same thing as in the US, at all. Here, a subway is just a walking path under a road, so you don't have to cross a very busy roundabout. I crossed quite a few very busy roads before I figured this out. What I was thinking of is just called the underground.

2. I do not like pounds. They're too big and they're all different sizes! Who came up with the idea of money that does not fit in a wallet. And coins? I don't much care for them either!

3. I really miss my unlimited data iPhone service! I am absolutely lost, both literally and figuratively, without it. I'm going to try to figure something out with O2 (the local cell company), but I'm not holding onto much hope.

p_1712665.jpg
I have conveniently provided this stick figure drawing, so you can see approximately how large their money is!

2 comments:

tegraphile said...

And the Canadians thing we're odd for not using color coded money.

drennan said...

Well, the notes are that way to benefit the visually- and, ahem, literacy-challenged Britons. Wouldn't it be nice if you could pull bills from your pocket by feel like you can with coins?

My favorite was the 2 pound coin, which seemed like it actually was 2 pounds, and could accommodate a small dinner salad.