Friday, October 30, 2009

Moving right along

As of today, I'm half way through with my peds rotation. Time in clinicals is flying nearly as fast as time in basic sciences. Of course, my next two rotations are twice as long as my current and previous rotation (12 weeks, instead of 6), but things are still coming along pretty quickly. It's amazing how much of a difference one week can make in my outlook of things. Last week, I was thinking how long I had left, since I had only completed 2 weeks, with 4 still to go. Today, I'm happy that I'm almost halfway done!

I'm also pretty happy that I'm nearly finished the two rotations that I was least looking forward to. Although, I have to admit, I did like psych a lot more than I had expected to, and I actually miss the rotation. Looking back, I really did like my attending, and I even enjoyed most of the patients on the unit. Unfortunately, I like peds a little less than I expected to, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I'm doing it in the UK.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to IM and surgery; IM because it should actually feel like practicing real medicine, and surgery because that's what I think I want to do. It really won't be long now before I have to start preparing for step 2, and that scares me a little. But, that means I'm getting closer to finishing the 4 years I wasn't sure I'd ever start, more or less finish!

No comments: