Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Results are in

And I passed! Although, I did not get nearly the score I was hoping for. I didn't do bad, per se (somewhere around national average), but I did bad for me. I'm really not sure what happened. I guess I'll just have to do whatever I can to make sure my step 2 score makes up for it, and make sure I have glowing letters of recommendation. In any case, I passed with a decent enough score, and I'm on my way to clinicals.

Speaking of clinicals, I also have my clinical schedule confirmed, and I got pretty much exactly what I wanted. I have psych, IM, and surgery in Baltimore (which is all they offer), and everything is scheduled back to back so I can get it out of the way ASAP! I have heard stories of people not being able to do their cores until into 4th year, but I have no idea how that's possible, unless the people are completely inflexible. Natallia in the clinical office at MEAS was extremely friendly and helpful. After many disappointments with AUC, setting up my clinicals was a breath of fresh air.

So, it's over, and it feels good. After years of wondering what the step would be like, stressing over taking it, and wondering if I passed, it's over. If that is the official end to basic sciences, then I am officially done with basic sciences, and onto clinicals. My first rotation is psych, but I'm even excited for that!

3 comments:

Trixie the Pixie said...

Natallia has been awesome, in my experience! When do you start??? And, congrats!! :)

Scott said...

August 31st at Spring Grove is up first

Kwasi said...

Hello Scott, I'm new to your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences in AUC and on the island, its set my mind at ease to an extent and given me an idea of what to expect.

I have a question about the USLME... What do you think you could have done differently to have done better?

kwasi