Monday, August 3, 2009

Another day in the doctor's office

Seen today:
1. New diagnosis of stable (although serious) angina
2. cortisone shots for 2 patients (2 knees and a shoulder)
3. Testicular hydrocele
4. Coconut M&Ms
5. pneumonia
6. borderline SVT, which bought the guy a trip to the emergency room
7. relative hypotension, brought on by the removal of super-human doses of prednisone
8. a few other things which I don't remember at the moment.

I asked one of the medical assistants in the office to get me a 12-lead on the chest pain guy before he was seen by the physician I'm working with. Getting a 12-lead is something I do regularly on the ambulance, and something I'll likely do later tonight. But, I've never asked anyone else to get one for me....felt very doctor-like. I've also kind of taken a liking to walking in the door and saying hi to a patient that's actually sitting there waiting for me to come in. Even better when they ask me a question that I can actually answer! It's the simple things....

No comments: