Friday, May 9, 2008

status quo

Sorry that I haven't been writing much again lately, but there's really not that much to write going on here. Path and Physio continue to be pretty interesting, especially path, but med micro has been incredibly boring. I still think that it will wind up being interesting soon, but we've been doing epidemiology for the past couple days, which is painful at best. Dr. Shupe even told us before she started the epidemiology stuff that it was "fluff." I'm not exactly sure why we're learning "fluff," but whatever. I think that today was the last day of it. From now on should be actual med micro, which I'm looking forward to learning.

Tomorrow is the Phi Chi / AMSA Welcome Back Beach Party. It's probably been months since I've been to the beach, so it'll be nice to get out. Maybe I'll get a little tan (finally) while I'm at it. I think I'm also going SCUBA diving Wednesday, so should have some pictures to put up soon.

Clinton continues to amuse me with her "campaign," which is just getting extraordinarily painful to watch at this point. After the failure of her recent pandering, she's realized that about the only chance she has remaining, which still doesn't even give her a chance, is to re-seat the delegates from Florida and Michigan. Keep in mind that when her campaign didn't yet depend on it, she agreed that their votes should not be counted. Although Obama followed the rules and wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan, nor did he campaign in Florida (as they had both agreed not to), she thinks the votes should still be valid and she should win those states. Michigan came up with a compromise to re-seat their delegates, that would give her 69 delegates and give Obama 59. Although this was way more than she deserves or will ultimately wind up getting, she denied it because it wasn't good enough for her! I guess this is what happens when you become truly desperate....it's kinda sad, really. I guess she never heard of quitting while you're ahead...or in this case, not too too too too far behind.

No comments: