Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 Parties, 1 Day

party.jpg
Image stolen from Randy, from Facebook

To start off the day, we had the Phi Chi Rush BBQ at Dr. Atchley's house. She has a pretty amazing house (with infinity pool!!) close to school, and she's nice enough to allow Phi Chi to use it pretty much whenever we ask. I'm not totally positive, but she's either a Phi Chi member, or an honorary member. In any case, it's great of her to let us use her house! For the past two semesters, we've hosted a BBQ there for all the potential rush people. The purpose is basically so that we can get to know them and they can get to know us a little, before the interviews next week.

For the past two semesters, I've been the BBQ master. And let me tell you, I am a master of BBQing frozen hotdogs and hamburgers! Here's me manning the grill...also a picture stolen from Randy.
grill.jpg

When I left at around 3:30, I got home to find yet another party going on at my apartment, which I was not previously aware of. Actually, at nearly 11 at night, it's still going on upstairs. This party was for the AUC gym staff, but along with the staff, there were some gym regulars, Dr. Atchely, some SGA people, and a couple people who were visiting the island and their AUC friends. So, I made my way up to that party and had some delicious food there. I've gotta admit, the ribs, chicken, green beans, baked beans, and potato salad was far superior to my frozen burgers and hotdogs. Jack (my neighbor who hosted the party) is also a pretty excellent frozen-drink maker (that's the technical name for what he does). Hopefully, the party will end sometime reasonably soon and I'll go to bed to face another heavy day of studying tomorrow.

No comments: