Friday, May 9, 2008

Pineapple Pete's...eat there!

Eat at Pineapple Pete's....now....do it...do it now. Five, four, three, two, one...do it now...three, two, one...do it, right now. [you'll only get that if you're obsessed with The Office]

A bunch of the first semesters apparently took my suggestion and visited Aldywan for shawarma. Fortunately, they enjoyed it as much as I do. But, they've asked for me to keep up the suggestions. So, I think I will. For this installment of where to eat...I'm gonna recommend Pineapple Pete's (somewhere that I'm pretty sure I've recommended in the past). I'll get a picture of the place next time I go out.

The service is among the best on the island, the atmosphere is nice and relaxed, and the food is consistently very good. It's not as cheap as some other places, but I think it's very reasonable for lunch. If you do go for dinner, especially during the tourist season, make sure you have a reservation. The conch fritters are the best on the island, stuffed shrimp is great, and they have great jerk seasoning (it's spicy). Really, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The seafood pasta is also very good, and loaded with all kinds of seafood. For dessert, definitely get the coconut bien mi sabe (I may or may not have spelled that correctly). Assuming you like coconut, things that are sweet, and things that are delicious, it is absurdly good.

Maybe the best thing about Pineapple Pete's...when you ask the waitress to refill your water glass (if you even have to ask, which you usually don't), they don't act like you've just killed their dog or otherwise ruined their day. From now on, I'll try to give you somewhere else to go every couple of days.
Pineapple Pete Restaurant » Meet the Pineapples.jpg

The Pineapples

2 comments:

Trixie the Pixie said...

I'd definitely have to agree with you on this one... Pineapple Pete's was probably one of my favorite places, hands down. The staff is always so great, and the service is reasonably quick. Also, the salmon lasagna and Neptune burger are fantastic!

I miss that place!

Good luck with 3rd semester... it's a lot of work, but interesting stuff. I found that med micro actually preps you well for the Step, especially if you really learn those bugs!

karan said...

Hey, yeah Pineapple Pete's is awesome. As a former cook of Pineapple Pete's, i can tell you the food is really good, and very consistent. One of the best recipes i stole from them has to be the Conch fritters, and the lobster bisque.
So this is one of the restaurants i to would recommend. PS the creme brule is probably the best dessert they have IMO, because its always fresh.