Monday, May 5, 2008

back to school

Today was the first day of 3rd semester at AUC. From our first day, it seems like this semester will be a lot of work, but also very interesting. I'm ok with a lot of work, as long as I like it. I'm actually pretty excited for this semester. Every other semester, there was at least one class that I couldn't wait to end. This semester, although there will be a least favorite, I think I'll like them all. Also, I was very happy to see that path is being taught entirely by MD's (not PhD's). Some of the PhD's are very good, but it seems that while they cover everything, they could spend a lot more time on the big clinically relevant topics, and less on the minor details. Also, it's just nice to be taught by the people who have already been through exactly what we're going through, have actually seen the stuff they're teaching us in practice, and know first hand what we have to know, and why we have to know it. The 5 pathologists that teach path also had some very impressive resumes.

After class, I spent the rest of the day doing orientation advisor stuff with the first semesters. We had a bus tour that took up most of the afternoon, and then the student mixer this evening. Of course, I already know my way around the island, but the bus tour was pretty enjoyable. We spent a little time in Marigot and on Orient Beach. I have no idea why I didn't think to take pictures of the trip, but now it's bothering me that I didn't! I was also pleasantly surprised to find out how many of them read my blog. Again, sorry for the infrequent updates, but you'll see a lot more now that the semester has started again.

Now, off to sleep to prepare for the second day of second year, tomorrow!

No comments: