Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not good at all...

IMG_0103.jpg
If you're thinking that wheels belong on the outside of the car, not on the inside, you'd be entirely correct. Apparently, when John hit a huge pot hole a couple weeks back, destroying the front rim and tire, it also did some damage to the rear tire. Today, on the way to school, this rear tire blew out of nowhere. Once I took it off, I saw that the rim was also damaged in the same place that the front tire was, but just not as badly. There's also an area on the inside of the tire (circled in red) that looks like it rubbed against the pot hole, but just took a little while to completely burst.

In any case, I pulled to the side of the road, finally figured out where to put the jack, and then got the tire off. But, the stupid jack is not nearly big enough to life the car high enough to put a properly inflated tire on! I had the thing fully raised, the busted tire taken off, and there was absolutely no possible way that I could get the new tire on...it wasn't even close. Fortunately, I flagged down a guy and he pulled over. He had a bigger jack which he used to help me get the tire on. I offered him a couple bucks (since it would have sucked severely if I had to walk to a gas station for help), but he wouldn't take it, saying that he might need the same help one day. It was very nice of him!

So, when John finally wakes up this afternoon, I'll have to tell him the bad news.

No comments: