Saturday, November 1, 2008

RIP, Ray's Scooter

Tombstone.jpgI realize I haven't been blogging very much lately. It's just been crazy busy in 4th semester, due to our crazy ICM schedule! Block is coming up next Monday, and I don't want to be behind going into it. So, I've been studying most of the weekend, and will be continually studying next week. I'm trying to think if anything exciting has happened since I've written, but my brain is pretty fried.

Anyway...my neighbor Ray got his scooter possibly stolen today! He just picked it up from the shop, and it died on him while he was going to get groceries. He went to call the shop to have them come pick it up (of course, they were closed), and when he returned, the scooter was gone! Ray is the third person in a week who has had their scooter or dirt bike repaired, just to have it break down within a day. Apparently, the shops on the island are not very reliable! Hopefully, the scooter was just picked up by the cops since it doesn't have valid tags on it, and he can get it back. I'd give it a 50/50 chance between either being stolen, or having been towed. Someone on the island may just be getting Ray's hog (that's what we've started calling our scooters) for a christmas present. I suppose he's learned a very expensive lesson about leaving anything out where locals might get to it, even in the middle of the day! So, may Ray's scooter rest in peace (or pieces). It was never a very good scooter, but it tried it's hardest, and that's all you can ask.

My scooter is currently in the shop having the tires changed. I'm hoping that since it didn't go in with any engine or electrical trouble, it won't come out with any! But, after the stories I've heard lately, I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. - Ray really prefers to be called Ray-Ray. If you ever see him, that's what you should call him. But, in recognition of his tragic loss, I will just call him Ray today.

No comments: