Friday, November 28, 2008

Last block exam of med school approaching!

While this upcoming exam is not our last exam of med school (we still have two, half-semester classes next semester), this is our last full block exam! After this exam, and finals the week after, I will never again have to study for exams in 3 classes on one day. I will have to study for the USMLE, which will be far more work, but that's another story entirely. And, as my class discovered early in this semester, it is very easy to study for only two classes. That third class really adds a ton more work. I'm getting very excited to finally be a 5th semester. In first semester, it seemed like it would never happen, but now it's only a couple weeks away! I guess it won't be too much longer until I'm actually a doctor. That still seems like forever away right now, but I'm almost done the worst part (basic sciences).

In other news, the 5th semester party pics have all been uploaded. I had to hijack my parent's internet connection to get them all up in a reasonable amount of time, but they're done. I should have thought of doing that the last time I spent days uploading pics! It takes my internet here about 5 minutes to upload a single picture, and only a couple seconds with US internet speeds. They're all posted at flickr.com/photos/slevit1, but here's a few:
IMG_0031IMG_0166IMG_0285IMG_0498IMG_0069IMG_0391IMG_0314

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

oh my goodness!! that is so exciting! i can't believe you're almost a 5th semester. that is insane. best of luck with the rest of this one -- you're almost there!!

I'm doing ob/gyn in Chicago, by the way (think you asked me this a while back), and peds in Flushing. Unfortunately, it's hard to get it in one place unless you want to go to NYC or England. And I wanted to stay put in MD for most of the time, so I had to move for two of the rotations. (But it's nice doing 30 of the 42 weeks at home!)