Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post block 2

It may be a little late, but I said I'd write, so I am. We did finally get the last of our grades today, and they were about as I expected. None of my grades were nearly what they were last block, but none were too terrible, given how awful the block was. As I've mentioned before, the only real problem the last couple weeks was ICM. There were days the last couple weeks where we were sitting in class until 4:30 or 5 (from 8 in the morning), with only an hour or so break. This was almost entirely due to ICM, who forgot that we had to study for other classes, which are worth over twice the number of credits. It bothers me that nearly the entire class' grades suffered this block, because of a 2 credit class that was largely (but not entirely) a waste of time. By itself, ICM is not terrible, but it just was not a priority for anyone this past block.

Fortunately, ICM is over for the semester, so I can concentrate on our regular classes for the rest of the semester. All of my grades came down this block, but they're not ruined and I can bring all of them up. Since I'll actually have time to study this block, I'm hoping to bring them all back up to pre-ICM levels. Over the last two days, I spent a lot of time catching up on sleep, and went to the beach twice. There are often times that I get a little frustrated with the island, but there are times, like when you lay on the beach after an exam, that I can appreciate some of the things that definitely do not exist in MD.

Saturday, I'm debating swimming about a mile or two to an island off of St. Maarten. I saw it from Orient Beach and it definitely looks within swimming distance, so I think I'm going to try it out. I'm not too worried about making it there, but a little more so about swimming back. The water is really salty on the French side though, so i can always just lay on my back and float for a while if I get tired. Sunday, I may go scuba diving, since I haven't been in a while. Man, it's nice to be done with block 2. Just a few more weeks and I'll be a 5th semester, on my way out of here!

No comments: