Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love and hate with American Airlines

story.lost.passport.jpgReally, the only thing I have against American Airlines is that they always layover in Miami or San Juan (lately, usually Miami). I'm not going to get into the reasons why again, but if you read my blog, you'd know that I hate everything that is the Miami International Airport and until proven otherwise, I believe it's the worst airport in the US. That being said, American Airlines customer service did (mostly) make me very happy today.

This morning, I woke up at 6:00 for a 7:20 flight, and the airport is 45 minutes away, with no traffic. Of course, there was traffic this morning, so the drive took a full hour. So, I arrived at the airport at exactly 7:00, 20 minutes before my plane was scheduled to take off. While the customer service lady on the phone was completely useless and unfriendly, the supervisor at the gate was amazing! She checked me in in about a minute and said she'd walk my bag to the plane so that it could be checked, even though it was going to leave in 20 minutes. So, I was helped quickly through security and made it onto the plane just as they were about to shut the door.

When I arrive in Miami, I realized that in my rush, I left my passport with security at Reagan airport! But, I went to the gate supervisor in Miami and she was able to call St. Maarten, speak to someone in immigration, and get approval for me to enter the country without my passport! So, despite doing just about everything wrong this morning, I made it safely to St. Maarten, on time. Thank you to everyone at American Airlines that helped me get here!!

No comments: