Thursday, October 2, 2008

Block approaches...

I'm really struggling for something interesting to write today, but not that much is coming to me! Really, until Monday, it's just a lot of studying going on here. I did try a new Indian food place tonight in Cole Bay (sorry, can't remember the name). I heard that it was really good but while it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. I still think that Lal's is the best indian on the island, and I'll be very happy when they return from their 2 month hiatus! Fortunately though, it is now October, so most of the businesses that close for the month of September (which is a good number of them) will be reopening very shortly.

I can't believe that it's already been a month since the first semester bus tour, when we discovered that the amazing bakery in Marigot is among the places that take a month vacation. I still haven't figured out why places close completely for a month, instead of just giving their employees staggered vacations (like everywhere in the US), and not losing a month of business. But, this was the last September that I'll be spending on the island, so I'll never have to worry about it again! For now though, back to studying...

No comments: