Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, today is my birthday! I am officially 28, and I feel a bit old. But, 28 means almost 29, and I figured long ago that I will be 29 when I become a doctor! Putting two and two together, only 1 more year until I'm a doctor! I just with I knew what I'd be doing and where I'd be doing it, but that will have to wait. Actually, less than a year before I find that out (slightly).

Since the last time I wrote, I've set up 3 electives. I finish 3rd year cores in June. July is dedicated to Step 2 studying. Then, for August, September, and October, I'll be doing emergency medicine, anesthesia, and radiholiday, in that order (1 month each). I'm pretty excited about all three of these rotations. Unfortunately, I still have to fit in neuro and family practice, two months that I AM NOT looking forward to. I'm also looking at the possibility of doing my electives at other hospitals in the area (the three I have so far are all at St. Agnes), so things could change. But, if nothing else, I've got things planned out through November. This makes me feel much more at ease; at least I'm headed towards graduation!

For now though, I've gotta change out of scrubs and get ready for birthday dinner at The Charthouse. Have I mentioned I love scrubs? Well...I do. That alone, could make surgery my favorite rotation.

3 comments:

kkkal said...

Happy Birthday.....
Keep up the good work

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Hope you get a choice surgery!

Vince said...

Happy belated birthday Scott!