Sunday, March 14, 2010

end of the weekend post

Unfortunately, I did little exciting this weekend. I did finish registering for Step 2 though!! It's still a few months away (end of July), but I'm already a bit nervous for it. Fortunately, this will be the last time an exam really counts. Sure, I'll have to take step 3, but from what I hear, you only really need to pass that. However, to make up for a not-so-stellar step 1 score, I have to rock step 2. I did get a little hope from a fellow blogger though, that it is possible to do just that!

I also went into the hospital to assist with a below the knee amputation on Saturday! Yes, I went into the hospital on my day off, to help with a surgery. I either really love surgery, or am a very sick person who enjoys punishment. This is particularly true because the surgeon I scrubbed with very much enjoys asking me questions that I often cannot answer. Fortunately, he was impressed that I came in on my day off to follow through with my patient, so he didn't ask me anything. Either that, or he was just rushed to get out and didn't feel like wasting time. In any case, the surgery was very cool...probably the best of my time so far! Now, I have to go get food. As usual, I'm hungry!

No comments: