Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

I bet you didn't know that Labor Day was originated in Canada out of labor disputes which legalized and protected unions. Well, you may have, but I didn't. Again, Wikipedia proves the source of all things information.

Today, I've spent much of the day either working on psych homework, or procrastinating psych homework. I finished my write up on our new patient from last week, which took less time than I had expected. Now, I've just got to do the 20 questions that my attending assigned us. Don't worry, almost nobody but me and my partner get homework in a psych rotation. I will just leave it at that.

Unfortunately, not much interesting to write about lately. This week, I should be getting assigned my own patients (of course, under the close supervision of the attending). That will hopefully give me some more interesting things to write about. I haven't yet decided if I like psych. At the moment, I'm leaning towards "it's interesting, but definitely not a career for me." However, although it's only been one week so far, I don't mind going in to work each day and I enjoy most of the time I'm there. 1 week down, 5 more to go!

No comments: