Monday, September 14, 2009

Good news and bad news

The bad news is that my attending was out sick today. Hopefully, he'll get better quickly and be back tomorrow. The good news is that since he was out, and the other part time doctor on the unit doesn't think we should be around with no attending, we got off at around 12:30! I do love getting off early! It also gave me the opportunity to go get blood drawn for titers to all sorts of fun diseases. This was something I was supposed to take care of along time ago, but somehow let slip my mind. Fortunately, Spring Grove didn't ask for proof of immunizations, but the UK peds rotation definitely will! I was worried about when I'd be able to make it to the office, since I'm at work whenever they're open, but this unexpected time off gave me the perfect opportunity! Also, very fortunately for me, Spring Grove gave me a copy of my background check that they run on all the students. This saves me almost a full day, which I do not have, running downtown, waiting in a long slow line, and paying lots of money, to get my own. All in all, a positive day!

No comments: