Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm back!

OK, so I haven't been posting much. If you're reading my blog, I apologize for that. I really am going to try to update on a more regular basis! However, this blog was meant to be primarily to be about medical school and seeing as I have yet to start, the blog also has yet to really start. However, if you got here from ValueMD, are thinking about attending AUC, and have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll post the answers on here. At least one or two people have told me that they're read my blog, so that makes me feel good!

So..what's been happening in my life? Well I don't have a job...so not a whole heck of a lot. I still have yet to go skydiving this summer, which is a bit upsetting. I think that this week, next week at the latest, I am going to take care of that problem. I've got 26 skydives so far and would like to at least get to 30 or so before I leave for the Caribbean. Actually, I've still got just over a month left before leaving for school, so maybe I'll aim for 40 jumps...just as long as the money holds out!

I sort of lied above...I do have a job. I'm a forensic investigator and that's how I make money over the summer. However, it's not very dependable. We work on call and don't get paid unless we get a call. However, we do get $80/call, and they only take about an hour to complete, so it's decent pay. I have gotten a couple of calls this month, but I'm on call right now and nothing yet today. I don't wish for anyone to die (in general), but it would be nice if someone who is inevitably going to die eventually, would do it today...in Anne Arundel county...in the next 3 hours!

Not much new form AUC...although I have been getting quite a bit of mail from them. I think I got all of my financial aid stuff figured out and they finally updated the fact that I am no longer conditionally accepted. Finally, I'm just plain old accepted. This may be stupid since I already knew I was accepted, but I was very happy when I got the letter the other day congratulating me for having the conditional status removed. I guess it just made everything more final. Today, I got a free copy of AUC Connections...the alumni magazine. I've gotta say, it was surprisingly nice...but isn't it getting a little ahead of the game? I haven't even started and I've already gotten my first alumni magazine. I am actually an alumni of UMBC (my undergrad) and I haven't gotten a thing from them yet!

No comments: