Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My computer sold!!

I put my iMac G5 up on e-bay the other day. I was selling it because I've got a MacBook Pro laptop which is more powerful than the iMac and of course, much smaller. So, I figured i'd sell the computer and use the money to buy a 23" Apple Cinema Display for the laptop. The 15" laptop screen is really just not appropriate for any kind of photo editing stuff.

Really, I just wanted to make enough money to pay for the screen ($800) and though it would be nice if I could also make enough to upgrade to 2 GB of RAM on the laptop. Well the auction ended the other day and some guy actually paid just over $1200 for it!! I have no idea why he'd pay that since they're only $1600 new, and my G5 is a few models old. 2 years old is pretty old in the computer world...I would not have thought it would be worth more than $500 or so.

But, I'm not complaining! I am currently viewing this post on a brand new 23" Cinema Display which I bought the day the computer sold. It is absolutely a gorgeous display and absurdly bright! I am going to have trouble ever going back to a single monitor. It's nice to be able to put all of the main windows or photo editing stuff on the large display and the smaller screens on the laptop. 23" may not sound that big compared to the flat screen tv's out there, but when it's sitting on the desk a foot or so from your face...it's HUGE! I love this thing!

Thank you, anonymous guy in Florida, for paying too much for my old computer!! :)

No comments: