Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW!!

So since I last wrote, we have had insane amounts of snow in Baltimore!! We had about two feet this past weekend, and then about another foot yesterday! Yesterday, I was one of the only cars in Baltimore that was out the entire time, while shuttling around hospital employees. I borrowed my dad's Denali, pushed through snow that really no one should have tried to drive through, and got over 30 employees to and from work, from 5AM to about 1:30 AM! I can tell you one thing for sure...if you are looking for a car that's good in the snow, that is it. More than once, I drove through well over a foot of snow, that no plow had thought to touch, and had snow drifts that were even deeper. I was exhausted by the time it was done, but it was pretty enjoyable. I would have rather slept in, but I know that I would be upset if I came into work and couldn't get home, or couldn't get any relief after being in the hospital overnight already! The people all seemed very appreciative, so it was worth it.

For the next couple weeks, I'm going to have an awful lot of studying to do, with the subject exam coming up immediately after I finish this rotation. Fortunately, I'll be in CCU / MAO for the next two weeks, so should give me much more time than I would have had on the floor. I still cannot wait to start surgery in just over 2 weeks! I'm planning on being chronically tired for 3 months, but I hope I like it as much as I think I will.

No comments: