Saturday, February 20, 2010

getting excited

In a week from Monday, I'll finally start my surgery core! After about a year of being VERY jealous of a certain blogger that my page links to, it's finally nearly my turn! I've already found out my team (blue team) and the people I'll be working with. So far, I've heard good things about my team of resident, and the other students I'll be with seem pretty decent too. Fortunately, none of them are interested in surgery, so hopefully they won't be fighting me for cases. It'll just make their lives easier if they don't! OK...just kidding....sort of! ;)

In the mean time, I only have one more week left of internal medicine. Although I have not enjoyed any part of my time in IM, it has gone by very quickly. It's double the length of my previous cores, but it seems about the same length. However, maybe it's that extra time which has made me so ready to move on. I did go out to dinner with a few of the other students last night though, and that was a good way to begin to end this rotation. We wound up at Joss Sushi Cafe in Baltimore, and it was every bit as wonderful as the Annapolis original. It's bigger and a bit nicer than the one in Annapolis, but the food is identical.

For today, I think I'm off to the firehouse...something I've been neglecting lately.

No comments: