Sunday, August 17, 2008

What not to do in medical school...

Today, we had our 3rd semester final exams. I am happy to say that I am now a 4th semester medical student with 3 down, and only 2 to go! However, I was very nearly stuck in third semester again! Our first final exam (path) started at 8am. Unfortunately, although I set my alarm properly, I didn't wake up until 9pm, exactly the time when the path exam ended! So, I drove to school about 100 miles per hour, hoping that they wouldn't fail me (a zero on the final would have given me a failing grade overall) and that I'd make it on time for the second exam.

Fortunately, the professors were understanding and said that this happens relatively frequently. So, I took my path and med micro exam in the dean's office (just to make sure I couldn't get hints from people who had already taken it) and then made it back downstairs in time to take physio with the rest of my class. As a sort of punishment, and to prevent people from doing this on purpose to cheat, the highest grade I could get on the final was a 70. So, although I actually got an 88 on the final (it was really a pretty easy exam), I wound up with a 70. Fortunately, I've done well in the class up until now, so I still have a mid "B" final grade. I did pretty bad on the micro final (as I expected), but I only needed a 46% on the final to pass the class, and I easily pulled that off. Parts of the physio final were difficult as well, but I didn't need a very high grade in there either, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

So...only a couple more semesters on the island left and only one full semester of classes left! It's very nice to be over half way done! I may not post a lot for the next couple of weeks, but that's because I'll be back in the US, starting tomorrow!!!!!!

No comments: