Wednesday, August 13, 2008

study study study

The studying continues, and will continue to continue (if that makes sense) until Friday night! Including today, I have 3 days to get through 3 blocks worth of information! I'm really hoping that I learned it at least moderately well the first time and that it all comes back to me. So far, it seems like micro came back pretty quick. But, it has yet to be seen if it will stick all the way from today to Friday.

As for block 3 exams, they went kind of blah. The med micro exam was very very difficult, much harder than the shelf exam. I was fully expecting to fail that exam, but I fortunately managed a couple of points above passing. Since I've done decent in that class on the previous two blocks, I should be fine on the final. I honored path which was nice, but I made one extraordinarily stupid mistake which cost me two points that I would have liked to have. I was most disappointed with physio though. While I didn't do toooo bad, I did do worse than I've ever done in physio. This is unfortunate mostly because I really did know the information, but we just weren't given enough time to get through it. Renal path is not really that hard, but it does require a lot of thinking. The average on that exam was a 75, so apparently most people didn't have enough time to think through it.

For the physio final, we are getting the chance to make up for the points we lost when some people decided to cheat on the first exam. There are now 14 questions on that exam from the reproductive section that will each count as 3 points, for a total of 42 possible points. So, I will be heavily studying that section so that I can hopefully make up for the points that were essentially stolen from me earlier in the semester. It's not ideal, but it's probably the best solution that the school could have come up with, and a large majority of the class voted for the idea. So...back to studying!

No comments: