Sunday, April 27, 2008

Semester Break

IMG_0086.jpgI know it's been a while since I've posted (sorry), but I've been very busy during semester break. It's very good to be back home, particularly after the end of last semester! Some people love St. Maarten, but I happen not to be one of them. I am getting more used to the place, but it's certainly not home. Since I've been back, I've had all sorts of amazing food (including probably too much Chipotle) and it's been good to be back with Heather, the family, and spend some time at the firehouse. Chart House has amazing brunch, FYI. If you've never been there, you're missing out.

The picture is of a brand new, 24 hour, Super WalMart, which just opened by my house. Usually, WalMart doesn't impress me too much, and I'm not sure if it's just because I've been in St. Maarten for a long time, or because this one is unusually nice, but this one impresses me. The place is almost the size of St. Maarten! They have just about anything you could want, and it keeps going and going and going. No, it does not take much to impress me anymore.

We got our grades back from last semester, and the results surprised me a little. I did much better in immuno than I would have expected (immuno was my worst class of the semester), and not as well on the physio final as I expected (physio was my best class). I also did a whole lot better on the MCB shelf than I had expected. Now, I'm very curious to see how much it was curved. Overall though, I did pretty well in all of the classes. I think I did about the same as last semester, but I've heard that as a class, people did not do as well as last semester. So, I'm hoping that I brought my class rank up a little, or at least kept it where it was. I'm looking forward to next semester (as much as you can look forward to going back to school), when classes should become a lot more interesting. I've always said that I couldn't wait to at least get through the first year of medical school. And now, that's one thing that I've finally accomplished!

No comments: