Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

To celebrate Memorial Day, the hospital has graciously given us the day off!  Unfortunately, being in Flushing, that leaves me with very little to do.  However, I did spend the weekend in the city with Lauren, which was a lot of fun!  On Saturday, we walked around Times Square, and got tickets to see Fela!  Very good true story, very good show (up for about 11 Tony awards).

After the show was over, Lauren's friend, who is the show's stage manager, got us backstage.  It was pretty neat to be backstage of a broadway show, but surprising how little room there was back there.  Afterwards, we went to dinner with the stage manager, learned a lot about the show, and saw Kelsey Grammer, who's starring in Le Cage next door, walk by.

Sunday, we spent most of the day hanging out on one of Lauren's friend's roof deck.  It was a beautiful day in the city, so a good time.  After some sushi (the food all weekend was much better than what I'm used to in Flushing), I headed back here, only to wait about 40 minutes for a bus to finally show up.  Had I known the bus was going to take so long, I would have just walked!  Have I mentioned that I don't like Flushing?

Thanks to Lauren for a good weekend!

Empire State Building at Night

No Access

Party on the roof deck

IMG_0011

Tot

No comments: