Monday, December 15, 2008

4th semester student no more!

Today was the final exam for 4th semester (actually, for the whole school, but that doesn't particularly affect me). From what I know so far, I'm not overly happy with the results, but in either case, I'm now a 5th semester student. I actually probably did fine on the finals, but just not quite as well as I would have liked. I'll know more once we get the neuro and pharm path grades back. I still don't know why some teachers manage to get grades out within an hour of the exam, and others take more than a day. They're all scantrons, so they really should be done the same day!

But, I'm off topic. The point is that I'm now a 5th semester student! I remember first semester vividly, thinking that 5th semester was forever away and just wishing that I could be in my last semester on the island. Well, that time has finally come. The new first semesters will be here shortly, wishing they were in my class :)

With the completion of 4th semester, basic sciences is essentially over for us. The only real classes next semester are a half semester of pharm and half semester of behavioral. When you're only taking two classes though (particularly when one is behavioral), it's a minimal amount of work...at least compared to the rest of medical school. We also have ICM 5, but that is intended more as a review, and to prepare for clinicals. While I did think that ICM 2-4 were largely an enormous waste of my time, ICM 5 is almost entirely clinical scenarios, and I think they'll be both interesting and helpful.

For now, it's time to put in some laundry and prepare to come back home tomorrow! There are very few things I miss about SXM when I go home, but among the things that I will not miss one tiny bit is the internet here. It has been particularly atrocious for the past two weeks. I cannot wait to get back to my 20 Mbps FIOS line at home!

Note: I just hit the upload button, to send this to my blog, and I got an error that it timed out, so hopefully it will go up some time tonight. Wow the internet sucks here!

1 comment:

Trixie the Pixie said...

Congrats congrats!! Isn't it crazy how time flies? Have a safe trip home and happy holidays!