Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today is not a pretty day

photo.jpg

Not a pretty day at all! I almost took my scooter to school today, but was glad that i didn't, since it decided to pour for most of the morning. It is hurricane season, so I guess nasty days are to be expected for a while. From what I hear, next week should be fun, with a lot more rain heading our way.

As far as classes go, so far so good. Path is interesting, as it was last semester, but not exactly sure how to study for the new guy we have. I guess I'll have to finally read the path book. We found out that the first half of behavioral, which we take this semester, is mostly about doctor/patient relationships and we don't learn about any of the diseases until Behavioral II next semester. While this part may be important, it is also not very easy to stay awake through. Fortunately, it is easier to study, which gives us a bit of a break to concentrate on the other classes. Neuro seems interesting and I like Dr. D's teaching style. But, she puts all of her notes in Word documents, and relies heavily on drawing on a tablet computer, which is awful for those of us with computers. Since so much of what she does in class is done on the tablet, it's nearly impossible to take notes on the computer, and none of us want to pay $150 for paper notes, which means I have to print it all out myself. I am trying to talk to the dean though to see if anything can be done so that we can just buy notes for that specific class. We'll see what happens.

Other than that, it's just good to be a 4th semester. Time to study to make sure I'm a 5th semester in a couple months!

No comments: